CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Same Ol' Same Ol'



Snorkeling Pics from Green Island-bad quality but has motivated me to buy an underwater digital camera!!




I haven't written in a while because there is nothing exciting to talk about. Nothing that would be of any interest for a blog anyway.

I have been making plans to go to Kenting for my birthday in July. I am also trying to convince Boyfriend that snorkeling is amazing and he needs to do it! I am also researching Thailand for the end of October. Boyfriend hasn't had a NON-business (longer than a day) vacation in a loooooooooooong time so I am killing the proverbial birds with one stone and using this as a chance for him to relax and a chance for me to see Asia finally! Plus, as I had said in an earlier post, my 10 year HS reunion is in October and my better would be better spent going to Thailand (relaxation, beaches, shopping, snorkeling, nature, romance with Boyfriend) than going back to Ohio and drinking myself into a stupor and cursing out all my classmates and the American education system at some bar that EVERYONE frequents in my hometown. Oh lord...the thought of going back there...ugh...and the talk about marriage, baby spittle and cleaning products...I'm not ready for that!!!!! And the second I would mention having lived in Amsterdam and parents are there you know what they will say..."Dude! Amsterdam! You can get high there! Isn't that like in...Germany?" (Author's note: Most of my friends who knew me in uni KNOW that getting high isn't the only thing there and know that Amsterdam is in the Netherlands a.k.a Holland)

Anyway...
So as for Thailand...I'm thinking Koh Samui...good shopping, good beaches, good snorkeling and good nature. Boyfriend wants to do Elephant trekking and stuff, but after doing some research, I can't bring myself to do it. They abuse these animals for purely entertainment purposes and all of them claim to "save" animals when it is the COMPLETE opposite! I just can't bring myself to pay money to support this kind of behavior! Now, I don't know if it is true and I NEED to do more reading before I make any claims, but I READ that these elephants aren't even native, they are just shipped over so that companies get money from tourists. BUT don't quote me on that...I'm still researching that!!!!

Sooooooooo....I have decided to visit the Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park.

It looks nice! And I need to convince Boyfriend that this is a LOT better thank seeing malnourished elephants and monkeys on chains being forced to do stupid things for humans...I mean..I have to admit..when I first saw pics of these tourist things I was naive and assumed that they were taken care of, but after doing some research and seeing more pics...I can't do it. I would only go IF the elephants were in a habitat where they didn't have to lug people around and the babies weren't separated from the mothers and tortured into leanring how to paint pictures.

I heard the place to go to see the real Elephant Sanctuaries is Chiang Mai and as much as I want to go, they don't have beaches there so I have rejected this idea for now!

Well...I don't know anything special. Colored my hair and got it cut and love it! I only paid NT1500 (€30) for it too! Boyfriend and I went to Yi Jong Jie to get our hair cut and then went to those Japanese photo booths and got some crazy pics!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, das Video erinnert mich an Urlaub!Ich hoffe da waren keine gefährlichen Fische :)!PS:Bin sehr stolz auf dich auch wenn du mich hasst!