CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Break-up

I don't want to talk too much about this as it is my own business, but as of this weekend, Boyfriend and I are no more.

There are MANY reasons as to why we have decided to go our separate ways, but one reason was his family. His family(or probably his mother) said I was "not tall enough and not thin enough" for him. I guarantee these aren't the ONLY reasons why she objected to us being together as I am super liberal and American and NOT Taiwanese.

There is a lot more to this story, but I don't feel right talking about it in a blog. I just wanted to mention that because that is a big cultural difference between Chinese/Taiwanese culture and Western culture.

Now I know why I have yet to see a Taiwanese man with a Western woman. Taiwanese men seem get a LOT of pressure from their families about everything.

I also seem to have a problem with mothers-in-law. They never like me. Maybe because they feel threatened by me. I say this because my star sign is Cancer and Cancers sometimes have that "Motherly instinct" Now of course I DON'T want to be a mother to my boyfriend..that's just odd, but I want to make him happy and take care of him-it's just my nature.

So anyway, I've been a mess and yesterday was absolutely depressed. Today, I feel better. I am not going to talk about it anymore because it makes me feel bad and it is none of your business. The good thing is is that once I started teaching, the kids made me feel better without them realizing it and after teaching I felt like my positive self again and was reminded of why I am here: for the kids.

OK, so Saturday I went to the Taichung Park to see what they had going on for the Lantern Festival...it was nice, but it started to pour so I left an hour after I arrived. Here are some pics and video:





Other than that, I know nothing. I am just taking it day by day and staying positive. I just want him to be happy and I feel that this decision is the best thing he needs to search for true happiness in EVERYTHING. I am going to miss him dearly and hope that one day we can be friends. If you ever read this; Thank you for everything.

0 comments: