CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I Was Going to the Hospital for a Check-up...

and ended up having surgery!!! :)

Ok, OK...I was actually going to have a bump on my back looked at. I finally have health insurance and like I have said in previous posts, this is the year for health, beauty and wellness for me so I have been to so many doctors in the past two weeks!

The Program Director gave me a VIP tour of the hospital in Dali when I arrived. He said he always does this for first-time foreign patients to ensure they know where they need to go and they need to do for next time. So he lead me to the doctor's office and waited outside while I talked to the doctor. So I talked to the doctor and he said it was a benign tumor, but it would be best to have it removed ASAP to prevent possible infection. I wanted it removed anyway because it was UuuhhhhhhGLY! Then he asked me if now was OK..."Now?!?!" I was thinking. So we talked it over and he explained that it would be a 20 or so minute procedure. I would receive local anasthetic and would be able to go to work this afternoon no problem...so I said OK! Although I have NEVER done that before and the last surgery I had was my wisdom teeth a few years ago and I was knocked out for that! Before that was when I fractured my elbow when I was 5 and was knocked out for both surgeries. Needless to say I was nervous but wanted it taken care of!!

So they performed the surgery and the only pain I felt was the injections for the anasthetic...other than that it just felt like they were poking at my back...Mentally, I imagined a TON of blood, sewing, surgery knives and etc, but since it was on my back, I was lucky enough to NOT see it! Unfortunately I was so nervous and shaking so bad and of course no HAPPY images would come to my head..only horror movie scenes...especially "Hostel" (which has traumatized me-so EFFIN scary!!!!!) and "Hannibal" *shiver* and that didn't help my nervousness! But the OR staff was very nice and hearing only Chinese was actually calming, because imagine being in an English-speaking OR and then they say things like "Uh oh! I just lost the suchers-Damn! Looks like we are going to have to use our bare hands!"or something scary doctor like (I dunno! I'm not a doctor and never had this happen before!)

So it is done but have to be careful of the stitches. I get them off next Friday! I would write more but am so tired! I need to relax a bit before I go to the school!

Yay! Next Doctor stop: the dentist to have my teeth cleaned ;) Phew!! Hopefully I wont need to worry about doctors for awhile...hopefully!!!

0 comments: