CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

My New Look: A Continuation

My last entry’s theme was “New Look” and this is a continuation of the entry.

This weekend was the time for my “New Look”. Saturday afternoon, boyfriend took me to Iie Jong Street (which is place where all the high school students hang out apparently – very trendy and INEXPENSIVE shopping…not to mention YUMMY candied tomatoes) to a salon there where I decided that it was time for a haircut and color. This salon offers German brand “Schwarzkopf” professional products, so we figured that it would be OK for a westerner to go there. For NT$1500 I got my hair washed, cut, color, head massage, blow dry, style and a normal size bottle of shampoo along with a little sample bottle of mousse!!!

Boyfriend also got his hair washed, cut and colored as well! I have never done something like that with a boyfriend. Usually, going to the salon is “alone time” for me or time with my mom, but I like sharing this experience with Boyfriend. We weren’t the only couples there…apparently Taiwanese boyfriends and girlfriends follow each other and hang out with each other when they get their hair done.

The thing is though; the color I picked out from the sample hair color book was a deep chocolate brown with a hint of red. What I got was Strawberry blonde. I assume that the samples were the effects of the “Western” hair color on Asian hair. Luckily, I LOVE the color so all is OK with the world! My stylist was so sweet and did a great job on cutting and giving me an easy style! I’m DEFINITELY going back!

After our salon trip, Boyfriend and I went to those Japanese photo booths where you can take the pictures, then put funny cartoons and frames and stuff on the photos. We had so much fun and we even got a membership card with coupons and a TON of coupons left so we will definitely be back! Then we did some shopping and had some red bean ice cream at the Chicken Feet place where Boyfriend kept trying to convince me to try Chicken Feet which I CANNOT do…It’s like eating squid…once it goes in my mouth I have to FORCE myself to keep it down and TRUST ME-that is a lot of work!

One of my fave photos of us-Awww!! Sooo cute!!! :)

Another romantic one

I like this one too :)

All the others are one my Myspace page...and when I'm not lazy or not busy, I'll upload them to my Photobucket page :)

also tried Heineken Green Tea at Iie Jong…yep, you heard me right…Heineken Green Tea and it was pretty good!!

After Iie Jong, we went to Chunghua night market and did some more shoe shopping where I bought 2 pairs of boots for NT$900!!! In Holland, I bought one pair of boots similar to one of the pairs I bought for about €100. I probably paid about €10 for each pair here!!!

On Sunday, Boyfriend and I went to a tiny Turkish restaurant in the Canal District and had REAL Turkish Pizza, Cacik (similar to Greek Tzatziki), Cumin Bread, Hot Turkish Tea for me and Hot Apple Tea for Boyfriend. I have been craving Turkish pizza and this one was sooo different from the Turkish pizza I had in Amsterdam, but I gotta say, DAMN that was good!


I will close this entry with a quote from “Open Your Mind, Open Your Life”:

“ Hold fast to your dreams. Never allow the enemy of self-doubt to destroy them.”

2 comments:

moonrat said...

hey there!! i'm a recovering lao wai (now based in new york) but i lived in the I-House at xindian shigongzuo in 2002. i miss taiwan SO MUCH.

i happened on your blog because i was reading about rachel dewoskin, the foreign babes in beijing author. anyway, glad i stumbled across you.

drink some ayu jelly for me!!! the canned stuff you get here is DREADFUL.

Anonymous said...

You have had to put so much time to build such a great site! Thanks! Excellent site and very informative Just a wonderful site!

single dating site
russian bride tour
russian girls in bangkok
russian websites girls
free internet dating sites
http://blackamericans.com/members/Gefhorereep.aspx - russian dates
http://flatheadronpaul.com/node/17378 - russian girls models
http://blackamericans.com/members/Floalablalp.aspx - hot russian brides
http://community.videospin.com/members/Onerceexive.aspx - local dating sites
http://community.videospin.com/members/Goliflepimi.aspx - russian girls christmas song