CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

A Week or Two of Being Busy

Which means I have no news. No exciting stories to tell, alas.

Boyfriend has been on a business trip in Salt Lake City and even though he gets back in a couple of days, I won't see him until next weekend. :*( It's OK...Of course I DO miss him, but I know I am going to see him again so that's good news :)

Although, while I was waiting to see the doctor to get my stitches out this morning, I started panicking and imagining them ripping my stitches out one by one with NO anasthetic! Then I was really wishing my mom or Boyfriend was there. I almost had a panic attack! But when I finally went in, the doctor said everything was OK, did a teensy tiny snip snip with lil scissors and felt almost nothing! It is still very tender and sore especially if I lean back on it or touch it, but the best news is: I can shower!!! Thank god!!!

As for teaching I had a Parent's Day on Monday and I was sooo nervous. I have one tonight as well and am still pretty nervous. Not to mention I have received a visit from my "Aunt Flo" if you know what I mean so I have cramps and am pretty bitchy. I am also in desperate need of a vacation. I have been here 5 months and have yet to venture out of Taichung except to go to the Hospital in Dali!

Soooooooo, I have become addicted to travel research and when Boyfriend comes back from his business trip, I can't wait to show him everything I've found!!!! Now, I don't NEED Boyfriend to travel with me. If I wanted I would travel by myself, but the thing is, I want him to go. Not only does he need a vacation as well and to get out, but I think it is always nice to share things like that with someone. My mom and stepdad travel ALL over together and have the BEST stories like when they were on the donkeys in Santorini going up the rocky cliffs to the city. I LOVE that story!! (Maybe someday you might read about it in my mom's blog if she ever gets hers started ;) ) I want to be able to have stories like that!

Boyfriend and I have done some really fun things together here and I would like that to continue :)

So here are the places I want to go:

Well actually first off...my goal is to see the Cherry Blossoms here whether in Wutai or Sun Moon Lake. I HAVE to see them!!!! One of my main goals for coming to Asia was to see Cherry Blossoms and dammit! Come hell or high water I will see CHERRY Blossoms during Chinese New Year!!!!! I have gone Cherry Blossom crazy! I keep printing pics of Cherry blossoms and have started hanging them in my room! I am even going to buy L'Occitane Cherry Blossom perfume tomorrow (as my Eau des Vanilliers is almost up).

Next up is either Maolin Scenic Area for the rising of the purple butterflies in the morning as well the rest of the area or Lushan hot springs where you can boil eggs in a little pool beside(designated just for boiling eggs) you while you relax in the hot spring. Maolin also has hot springs so this is a tough call!!! In Maolin Scenic area there are tons of beautiful waterfalls as well!! Actually I plan on going to both but the hard decision is which first ;)

I also want to have a "tropical" vacation, so I have been researching Green Island. Hot Springs, beautiful greenery, waterfalls, and...BEACHES!!!!!! Plus, Green Island is pretty historical. It used to be a major prison island or something not too long ago (sorry still need to do more research on that part).

and...ALL of these places have definite aboriginal culture and I really want to learn more!!!!!!

Here are the websites I have been researching so far. Take a looksee:

http://www.sunmoonlake.gov.tw/EN/02000026.aspx


http://www.greenislandadventures.com/about.htm


http://www.maolin-nsa.gov.tw/maolin/index.php?lang=en&style=style2


http://www.sunmoonlake.gov.tw/EN/04001118.aspx


http://english.tccg.gov.tw/leisure.php?page=leisure_shop_01&id=188&pid=192



Actually, I was planning on going to Thailand, but for a 3 day, 2 night trip it would cost us NT$25,000 per person!!! For a 3day,2night holiday in Green Island would only cost about NT$6000 plus I think taking lots of small trips around Taiwan are better and better environmentally. So I'm starting from the inside out....From Taichung and slowly spreading to the rest of Taiwan and THEN to Asia :) Taiwan has so many BEAUTIFUL places!!

I am yearning for purple butterflies, cherry blossoms falling around me like soft pink snowflakes, soaking in hot springs, enjoying the soft cool spray of a waterfall and smelling the fresh air. *sigh*

0 comments: