CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another Weekend to the Dogs...

...literally and in a good way :)

Although...I will express my frustration later:


So last night, we went over to a couple's house, Trent and Tania(hope I'm spelling that right) who are fostering Lucy till she goes to Canada. Lucy is an older dog who was at Tsaotun. Caroline named her after her first dog and is a very sweet dog! It was so sad to see her tied up at the shelter so we have decided to try to get as many of the Tsaotun dogs out as we can!

Trent and Tania had a small gathering at their house and made dinner!! It was soooo good! Trent is Taiwanese and Tania is Indonesian and they made the best food!!! Coconut Rice(I NEED the recipe!!), some type of soupy oyster curry pork dish and god it was soooo good! Pepper Chicken, a tofu dish and and egg and onion dish for the vegetarians there and...wine and beer!! :) They also have a dog, a GIANT of a Golden Retriever with an equally giant heart, Tommy!

So it was a small gathering of us, Tommy, Lucy and Beauty, who is Layna's (another volunteer who was there with me when Toby wandered in the Tsaotun shelter) Tugou(a Tugou is a Taiwanese dog with beautiful black shiny fur-I want one!)

I miss going to small house parties and this one was just so cozy and nice! We all talked and chatted and drank wine and beer and Taiwan high mountain green tea!!

Lucy was sooo happy and content and tears almost came out because I was so happy to see her happy and in a loving home, even if it is just temporary! Trent and Tania are so nice and hilarious and it was so good to FINALLY be in good company! I will ask Caroline to send me the pics of Lucy to put on here, because she looked so good and her fur was so soft and shiny!

So then, since it was Layna's birthday(she's the baby of us, 22), she invited us to the Lion King to go drink and celebrate her birthday. Now I said I would NEVER go to the Lion King, because the Lion King in Taichung is a club and they play hip-hop music and I'm spoiled because I only really like the clubs in Amsterdam. But...after a drink I was on the dance floor shaking my ass!! Even Hino, the man who doesn't drink or who has never been to a club before danced with me! It was a blast! It was what I needed!


And today, I woke up and Hino went with me to the dog park so that Toby could get adopted. I asked him to go because even though I want to bother him since he is dedicated to studying his English and he's on a schedule, My Chinese is shit (I know it's my fault for not studying hard enough) and people ask me all these questions about Toby and I don't know a damn thing they are saying and they leave and then I missed a possible GREAT opportunity for Toby to be adopted!!

It's so frustrating and today I literally cried in the middle of the dog park event. People just walk by and read the sign I put up about him, they pet him and then walk away. The Taiwanese are so damn picky about what they want!! One old man said he wants a really tiny dog and that's what everyone wants.

I had a discussion with an English man yesterday while i was walking Dai Dai. He said it's appalling that the Taiwanese seem to choose dogs that look like fashion accessories and treat them so. They put them in a cute doggie designer bag and never let them play or do anything..their job is to be quiet and look cute :(

Toby is a wonderful dog! He is such a sweetheart and loves to play which means he's not some "Barbie Doll" He's such a happy puppy and seems to have been so good with kids from what I've seen at the dog park! He lets them pet him!

The reason why I cried was because I feel like I'm doing everything wrong and no one wants him! Then Hino and I started arguing and I hadn't eaten lunch so I was grumpy from that as well and was so angry that people won't give this dog the chance he deserves!!!!!! So then tears started to come out. It was so embarrassing and I felt like a fool and was trying to hide it. Hino and I made up of course and he was so good for helping me with this.

I really wish that I could do it myself, but my Chinese sucks. I need to start practicing it more.

As for Toby, no luck yet. I love him so much and hate that he (and I) are a burden to Caroline for him staying there. I'm so grateful to have the Taichung PAWS volunteers for my friends. I finally have met people with something in common!

I hope to have Lucy's pics soon! I really want to show how happy and content she is!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you have a great group of good friends!! I am also happy that you are enjoying yourself. But, will you PLEASE stop beating yourself up???? Some things no matter what you do are simply beyond your control and no fault of yours! Please believe me when I tell you this! I am NOT just saying it! We love you and can't wait to see you! xoxoxoxoxox