CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

No Hope for Toby in Taiwan


Tommy: Trent and Tania's golden...Gentle Giant :)



"Dr. Dog" She is so nice!!



The goods table


Caroline, Douglas and da Tobster



Me and da Hino...NO I'm NOT drunk...just showin off my Taichung PAWS tattoo ;)



Yesterday, Taichung PAWS had an event at the Second-hand store on 150 Min Sheng Rd. We had a woman there, "Dr. Dog" as she is called, to come in and give a little lesson to the people on how to train their dogs. We also sold some Taichung PAWS T-shirts and I even tried to sell scooter masks with the Taichung PAWS logo that I made :)

I love when we do events like this!


Then today, we took Toby to the dog park again to try to get him adopted and once again NO LUCK!!!

One Taiwanese guy even told us that basically noone wants a dog like Toby because you can find dogs like him EVERYWHERE here! :(

Hino says that is the attitude of the Taiwanese. They want something different. But what I don't understand is how in god's name buying those pet shop brown poodles that EVERYONE has is different?!?! I say this because literally everyone and their mother here has one of those ugly ass brown poodles. I think I saw about 15-20 of those dogs at the park and I kid you not.

Toby is a wonderful dog! Although he is in his chewing phase, I have discovered that he is amazing with kids!! Whenever a baby or a kid comes up to him to pet him he just sits there and lets them. some dogs HATE children petting them and won't allow it, but Toby is so laid-back.

Toby also seems to be GREAT with other dogs!! When I dogsat for Caroline on 10/10 weekend, Honey(Caroline's dog) was just getting used to having another dog in the house and she was getting annoyed with him, but whenever Hino and I come over to pick Toby up to go to the dog park, it shows that Toby has even grown on her. They get along so well!

And even at the dog park when I walk him around. He just smells the other dogs and wants to play and just sniffs their butts as if he were just passing by to say hello! He's really social and I have yet to see him growl at another dog yet. But of course...I only see him on Sundays, but usually with a dog, what you see is what you get.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo...


I need to get him out of Taiwan and into a LOVING home abroad. I KNOW if he were to go abroad, someone would pick him up and give him a good home and family!

If any of you are reading this and want to adopt Toby, please contact me ASAP! If you are in Taiwan and flying to Toronto soon, you can also contact me ASAP if you are interested in flying Toby abroad. The people at Taichung PAWS(as well as the people at TUAPA and other organizations here) do it all the time so they know what to do.

I need to get him out of here and into a loving PERMANENT home! I want nothing more than for this lil guy to be homed.

Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

golden retrievers are awesome dogs eh, they and the labradors are certainly one of the most commonly seen dogs here in Melbourne Australia. hope u find a good home for Toby soon, he looks like a cool dog.

Anonymous said...

Boy, I want a dog.

Cool to see another Ohioan doing the Formosa thing. I'm adding you to my blogroll, just so you know! :D