CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

Chinese Classes Level 2

This is my test that I took on Tuesday..well, only the first page...the second page is Buh Puh Muh Fuh's for the oral test...I was the ONLY one in the class to get a 100...and as you can see I got 7 extra points because I answered two difficult questions correctly first in the review. I told you I was the nerd in the class ;)

Speaking of Buh Puh Muh Fuh...mom said I should explain to my audience what Buh Puh Muh Fuh is...

ㄅ ㄆ ㄇ ㄈ ㄉ ㄊ ㄋ ㄌ...
Buh Puh Muh Fuh Duh Tuh Nuh Luh...

These symbols are used to teach pronunciation and to ease learners into the symbols...
Basically it weens us off the romanization/pinyin (using Roman Alphabet).
It also helps us learn stroke order for when we do learn to write the actual Chinese characters...

So today was my first day for Chinese level 2 and lemme tell ya: I have my work cut out for me! If you all thought I was working hard on level one just wait because I am going to have to work even harder!!!!

ㄅㄆ ㄇ ㄈ's are really only between 1-4 strokes, but today we were learning to write characters up to 9 strokes!! I'm still struggling with the character for mei 美 and the character for guo 國 (meiguoren-American).

Chances are I am going to be writing these all weekend!!! Thank goodness for the book and work book as the workbook shows the stroke order step by step for each of the characters we are learning!!

So it seems that I excel at speaking and listening but reading and writing are my weaknesses ESPECIALLY writing. My classmates are the opposite because my Chinese teacher was raving about their "beautiful handwriting" and didn't rave about my mine and kept correcting me(but it's good- I NEED to be corrected)...BUT in all fairness she always raves about my speaking...;)

Well, I seriously need to get ready for class...thank god it's Friday because my energy is low and don't feel like teaching today :( It's ok...I'll get over it-I have to! :)

I hope these are the characters for Zai Jian...再見!

0 comments: