CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Christmas Spirit Is Taking My Soul Captive

Saturday, after a day of walking around NOVA and comparing prices for printers and Ee PC's (Boyfriend is obsessed with these adorable "cuteness" laptops) Boyfriend took me to Starbucks because I have been craving a Chai latte and I was sure Starbucks would have it...much to my dismay, Starbucks in Taiwan does NOT sell Spiced Chai Latte...oh what cruel fate!

So, I had a Gingerbread Latte instead and boyfriend and I shared a slice of pecan pie and Oreo Cheesecake...

It was so wonderful!!! They were playing Christmas music, Boyfriend and I sat in comfy chairs and after that first sip of the latte (which tasted like pumpkin pie) I felt like it was Thanksgiving. Boyfriend even took me to get Turkey Rice earlier that day and the turkey tasted sooo good!! Boyfriend even fell asleep for about an hour in his comfy chair while I was cherishing the moment with my pumpkin pie tasting latte...I was in my element!!!

Unfortunately the creamy and rich food and drink didn't agree with Boyfriend's tummy so he was miserable the rest of the night...

But he stuck it out for a little while and took me to a store where they sell ALL Christmas stuff!!!! I found the ornaments I'm going to put on my Christmas tree. But the Christmas tree that I wanted for my apartment which was small was NT$4,999!!!!! That is €100!!!!!! Are you effin kiding me?! And it was fake!!
Luckily, Geant has one for only NT$199(€5) and Hola has one for around NT$400(€8) so that's good!

Then Boyfriend bought me a secented oil lamp (Beatrix Potter). You put a little bit of water in then 3 drops of scented/aromatherapy oil in the water, turn it on and as it hats up it makes the room smell nice. I needed a small lamp for my room anyway and I am so happy to have this as it emits such a soft and warm glow and makes my apartment more comfortable which is what I need!! I love it!!

I'm a Cancer (starsign) so I need comfort in my home and this helps!

So then Sunday, Boyfriend went to his sanctuary while I went to mine. See, Boyfriend is converting to Christianity (and, ironically, I'm converting to Buddhism/Taoism) and is looking for churches here as opposed to in Taipei...I told him I would go in with him, but I really did NOT want to hear the negative comments about how I am sinning and blah blah blah because my beliefs are with Buddhism/Taoism. I am at a very sensitive stage in my life with religion and it is something I need to do myself and the last thing I want is to be pushed!!!! Boyfriend is VERY good at understanding where I'm at...unfortunately I am not as sensitive to his choice as I should be...I tend to be VERY skeptical when he starts talking to me about the church.

Soooooo, while he was at church finding his sanctuary, I found mine...at the National Taichung Library!! I went in, and fileld out the application by myself (Luckily almost everything there is in Chinese AND English) and wen to the English book section and found two books:

Wild Kids by Chang Ta-Chun: About a 14-year-old Taiwanese boy who drops out of school and immerses himself in the underground world of Taiwan in the 80's.

Foreign Babes in Beijing by Rachel Dewoskin: About a 21-year-old American girl who leaves to work for an American PR firm in Beijing and ends up being a star for a "Sex and the City"-esque TV show in Beijing...

So Boyfriend and I decided that every Sunday we will find out own respective "Sanctuaries" from 15:30-16:45...:)

Well, that's all for now: Typhoon's a comin and I want to do my Chinese homework now so that I can start reading one of my library books tonight after work :)


"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."

-Charles Dickens

0 comments: