CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Night Lesson Plan Procrastination

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Yesterday, Boyfriend and I went to the Art Museum http://www.tmoa.gov.tw/english/home.php which is like I have said before, 5-10 minutes from my house. It was really interesting. There were a couple exhibits: One was called "Have You Eaten Yet?" focusing on contemporary Asian art.
Another was "Back to the Root - A Retrospective of Hsin-yueh LIN"
The last exhibit we saw was "The River of Art Meanders-Tracing the Origin of Taiwan from 1736-1969"

Today we went to one of the big Wal-mart-esque places (RT Mart) and got some cooked whole (still with shell, eyes, legs, poop) shrimp, and a bunch of fruit and some breads...So Boyfriend peeled the shrimp for me and I de-pooped them and dipped them in soy sauce...yummy!! No really, it was actually good!!

I am even going to start drinking aloe vinegar every morning...drinking diluted vinegar is the big "Health Trend" here in Taiwan...I even tried Peach Vinegar and it's good!

Oh..so I have my big test for my "BuhPuhMuhFuh" Basic Chinese class on the 13th and then start level 2 on the 16th...

This is the book I will need for the class: http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Audio-Visual-Chinese-Level-Textbook/dp/9570912375

This level is a bit more expensive than the last one but it still is cheaper than learning at a uni...plus my teacher is great!! She makes learning fun and I am sooo excited to be learning Chinese!!! I even put on my "Learn Mandarin" Cd at night to hear Chinese while I sleep!!!

Oh which reminds me...funny story yesterday...before Boyfriend and I went to the art museum, we walked around the park a bit and the cool restaurant street. One of the little parks has little exercise things scattered around it and so Boyfriend and I were going to each one and competing to see who was the best..then this little Taiwanese boy started following us around and kept saying "Weiguoren" and smiling (weiguoren=foreigner)...Boyfriend just ignored him but I kept smiling...and he just kept following us and getting closer and closer to us smiling and saying "Weiguoren"...it was kinda freaking me out-haha! So then I asked him his name in Chinese and he didnt say anything and I tried to ask in VERY bad Chinese where his Mama and Baba were, but he didnt get it...then boyfriend asked in Chinese and the boy told him something like"I can't tell you" which had me a little worried, because he was there with his sister, but I'm thinking..."Where the bloody hell are these kids' parents?!" So we then walked away...weird...just weird...haha!!

OK..now I REALLY need to go and start my lesson plans!!!

Wahn An!
ζŽθ‰ΎθŽ‰

0 comments: