CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul."

-Henry Ward Beecher


Since today is Thanksgiving, I thought I'd post a personal "What I'm Grateful For" blog.

So here it is:

1. I am grateful for my mom and stepdad and the BooBoo. They truly have been there for me and have helped me sort out my life and are still helping me. I am sure I put them through a bit of a hell with some of the mistakes I made (ahem..Germany)...and I am so sorry that I still put them through hell sometimes...but I am very VERY lucky to have such great parents! I love you guys so much!!

2. I am grateful for my job. I have finally found a job where I feel like I'm doing some good...maybe not entirely, but I am on my way! I am doing something worthwhile and am helping others. I am sooo lucky to be working at the branch I am at as they have been WONDERFUL!!!!! I've heard so many horror stories about Chinese Teachers and English Schools and branches and so far, I haven't had problems....YET!! But it gives me hope :)
Also, my students are great and it is such a great feeling to have one of the Chinese teachers tell you that the kids ask about if you if you didn't teach that day and when you walk around the school and students you don't even have say "Hi Teacher Bre!!"

It puts a big smile on my face!!

3. We all should be grateful for ANY and ALL opportunities that are given to us. I was given a chance to live out my dream (live in Asia) even if it is only in baby-steps...Not many people get such chances. I also get to do something else that I love and that is learn Chinese...now granted..I originally wanted to learn Japanese, and maybe someday, but have grown to really love Mandarin!! It is extremely hard and a challenge, but I feel so good when I finish my Chinese homework and when I finally start to recognize characters such as:

she:
he:

4. I am extremely grateful that I have been given many chances to start my life over. As I said before, not many people get even a second a chance to start their life anew so I am very lucky to have had these chances and see the err of my ways...chances are I won't be given another chance to start my life anew so I need to treasure and work hard at this one right here...


I am grateful for everything that has happened to me good AND bad...if the "bad" things didn't happen, i wouldn't be here today and I probably wouldn't be happy. I am learning and have learned so much! I learn something new everyday and that is one of the MANY things that keeps me happy here...

I am grateful for many other things and people, but I need to go and get ready for classes (or go take a nap) ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

BreBre711 said...

Sorry about the large font in the last half of the post..unfortunately, after many tried..and failed efforts-I can't get it back to its original size..boo hoo!!

Sorry!

Anonymous said...

And many people are thankful to have you as a part of their life.....especially your mommy! Love ya...miss ya.....lucky to be your mom!