CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Introducing My Students Episode 2 and My TEN YEAR High School Reunion...

OK here are some more pics of my students during a Performance Day for the parents..this is one of my fave classes! These students are upper mid level and are a blast!



These pictures are from a KTV/Karaoke Contest for the lower/basic levels (or Kid's Club as we call it). These kids are just starting to learn English. These pics are my students and I'm so proud! Be warned: These pics are definite cute overload! I couldn't be there because I was at Sun Moon Lake otherwise I would have taken video.


The girls singing "Teddybear" You know the song, "Teddybear, teddybear turn around..."



The boys from my former class singing "Bingo"



The girls from my former class singing my favorite song for teaching English, "There's a Hole in the Middle of the Sea." such a fun song and the kids LOVE it!!!



So today I was browsing through Myspace to see what people from High School are doing and saw that there is a special page for 1998 graduates so I went there and saw that there is going to be a TEN YEAR High School Reunion in October.

I've thought about this for years now. What I would wear, what I would say. I even thought about drinking too much and cursing everyone in the place and cursing the American education system, BUT...I threw that idea out the window right away!

And now the time has come for me to make my decision: To go or not to go. Actually, after seeing it today it only took me 5 minutes to come to a decision and my decision is No, I'm NOT going....

Why?

1. I have to save a buttload of money for what? To fly 16-20 some hours to my hometown to a bar (Yes, the reunion is being held at a bar of all places) for one night that would probably be shite for me anyway as I didn't have a good high school experience.

2. Said money that would have to be saved is going to be going towards a trip to Phuket Thailand in November....

Let's see here: Dreaded 10 year HS reunion in crappy hometown or a VERY possible holiday with Sunny warm beaches, palm trees, Thai massages, coconut chicken, AWESOME temples and cool shopping in Phuket...What would you decide???

Think about it: US$1,000 which is about NT$30,000 gets me a 4-5 star hotel, breakfast, roundtrip flight, possible snorkeling and etc in Phuket (besides, I only plan on spending NT$20-25,000 for this trip-although it could be 30,000 including food and shopping)

The flight ALONE for this trip to my hometown for this reunion is probably US$1,000. Then I pay for the reunion ticket, food, drink, etc etc. It wouldnt be much but it would still be more than Phuket.

Yeah, I want to see my family in my hometown and in the states, but it's just too much money for me right now. Plus, my goal is to travel Asia! It is something I have been wanting to do for years and now I have the chance!

Plus: I feel like if I go back it is taking a step back in time to a time where I was miserable. And seeing these people married and with kids...I'm not sure I'm ready for that. That whole pressure and to hear them talk about the latest cleaning products, baby spittle and how they are all probably going to vote for McCain and I can just imagine some of them freaking out that I'm converting to Buddhism/Taoism and not a Christian anymore. I just don't want to deal with it. Yeah, I could not mention all of that stuff and try to "fit in" but that is what I did in HS and it did NOT work!!!! I'm weird, I like to be different-it is just who I am.

Anyway, enough babble. My decision is made and I'm OK with it. So now I have to make this Phuket dream come true!!

0 comments: