CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This No Scooter Thing Has Worn Incredibly Thin

I must say, that this has to be my first "bitch post" on this blog, but I've had it! I need a scooter!!

What has brought this on?

Well, nothing really, but I've been sick for a couple of months now and have been trying to get better. I had the flu this past weekend and am STILL recovering from that as well! I have Chinese classes this morning, but I cannot go because 1. it is raining and cold. 2. the one chance that I had to get a proper raincoat(suited for bike/scooter riders) and I didn't do it and have completely forgotten to buy one since and am kicking myself profusely right now and 3. I have my bike and because of 1&2 if I go out in the rain riding my bike to Chinese class without a proper raincoat, I will get sick again and I CANNOT afford to!

This may not seem like a big deal but I really enjoy and need my Chinese classes and I hate missing them! I had to miss Friday's lesson because of the flu and now today and I'm really peeved...at myself mostly, but am also cursing the rain gods.

So now you are probably asking, "So what does a scooter have to do with this?"

Many reasons. My bike is good exercise and I like it, but when it is raining, it is the BIGGEST pain in the ass to ride my bike in the rain. I am left wet, cold and eventually sick. My immune system still seems to be getting used to Taiwan and teaching kids (who constantly cough WITHOUT covering their mouths) does not help the situation. So when it is raining, it is a lot better to have a scooter. Also, when I have been sick, I've had to take a taxi and even though taxis are cheap here (Unlike Amsterdam where it is so effin expensive), it would still be better for me to drive myself to the clinic. I cannot ride my bike when I am sick obviously, but a scooter isn't a lot of effort and would make it better.
A scooter can take me farther than a bike in a shorter amount of time. This aspect concerns shopping. Usually on weekends, I need to go to places like Carrefour and buy toilet paper, laundry detergent, fruit, etc, etc and I like to buy bulk because I don't have time to go every couple of days like I did in Amsterdam. I usually go every couple of weeks. Plus my grocery store isnt across the street like it was in Amsterdam. And Carrefour and all those other places are pretty far and actually pretty dangerous by bike. Very busy area, massive traffic and not exactly safe for a bike rider. And I always rely on Boyfriend and I don't want to have to rely on him. He's busy enough as it is.

There are soooo many other reasons, but it is silly to list them all.

So that is my rant. Next month, come hell or high water I am buying a damn scooter!!!! And once I have more time and money, I am going to go another clinic to help me get rid of this post nasal drip that I've had for like 2 months and to another Chinese medicine doctor to help KEEP me healthy...I'm so fuckin sick of being sick all the time!

Hopefully my next blog post will be somewhat more positive :)

0 comments: