CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Am I really 27??

27-years-old. That is how old I am.

I had to teach yesterday and thought I did really bad, but my tutor gave me a B+ so that makes me happy! So I must be doing something right!

But the thing is...even though I'm stressed and always worrying about my lesson plan and stuff and even though I felt like I taught like shite yesterday, I am NOT deterred from teaching!!! I love it!! I don't EVER feel like giving up which is the first time I've ever felt like that!!

And even after my class, one girl came up to me and thanked me and told me I did a great job!!! The one thing about students is that sometimes people (like me) come in and forget that these are people and intelligent people at that!! These people (young and old) have emotions and feelings and have the ability to express them in their own language...they just need help to learn to be able to do it on their own in English...Just because a non-native English speaker comes up and says "uhhhhh" a lot and can't speak doesn't mean they don't know what they are saying....Quite the opposite!!! They KNOW what they want to say, they just can't express it in English and it is frustrating for them! I empathize because I've been there...How many times have I had that problem here in Holland, in Germany...in France where I don't even speak the language!!! Plus, I will be doing the same in about a month...Hell, I have to learn an ENTIRE set of new characters!!! No romanized Alphabet there!!!

I am meeting some GREAT people, teachers AND students and I absolutely cannot WAIT to get to Taiwan and meet MORE wonderful people!!! :)

Speaking of Taiwan, the tutor that my group has now, taught in Taiwan!!!!! I swear this must be my destiny!!!

I have ten minutes before I go catch the tram. I have a sore throat and don't feel very good and I have to teach tomorrow, but I just have to take the bad with the good...

Things are gonna be fine :)

0 comments: