CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

李艾莉

李艾莉 will probably be my Chinese name. One character means nice and one character means Jasmine.

From my favorite book, The Language of Flowers edited by Sheila Pickles (and scented with *sigh* Penhaligon's Violette perfume) it says that Jasmine means:

  • JASMINE (INDIAN) - Attachment
  • JASMINE (SPANISH) - Sensuality
  • JASMINE (YELLOW) - Modesty, Grace, Elegance
  • JASMINE (WHITE) - Amiability
(also taken from http://www.victorianbazaar.com/meanings.html)

The hindus call it "Moonlight of the Grove" which I think suits me as my star sign is Cancer (ruled by the moon) and what woman doesn't want to be intoxicating as such a strong yet exotic and lovely flower as the Jasmine? ;)

Alas, the laundry and my other chores beckon me ever so harshly *sigh*

Adieu! Adieu!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Our available on the internet brand new ones to explore let search gorgeous honeymoons as well North London scours going to be the areas that are covered by all of our around three local offices upon Highbury, Islington and Camden in order to find another one this specific is best suited for going to be the requirements all your family have looked at throughout the all of our Property Search' page.