CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 31, 2007

Taking it all in step-by-step

I've been so busy with training. I have been so nervous about teaching that I haven't had much time to do much. Everyone has went out to go drinking one night but I've been dorking out and staying in because 1. I NEED to save money 2. I'm too effin tired 3. I have realized I can't have a conversation with other Americans anymore for some reason... 4. Taipei is too effin big and I'd be fine during the day, but I feel a little uncomfortable walking around alone at night...at least for a little bit...

The truth is, I want to integrate myself with the Taiwanese as well as learn the language. I had such a hard time trying to integrate with the Dutch (as most expats do) and I don't want my experience to be like how it was in Amsterdam...not that it was bad, but I want something different and a little bit more positive :)

So my mom is freaking out because I am isolating myself, but I was working from 19:00 till 1-2 am on my two lesson plans, I'm in training ALL day with these people and I will be training non-stop with no day off for a couple of weeks at my Branch...I'm going to be working my butt off for a while until I get used to teaching and I can't afford to waste any time as horrible as it sounds. BUT...maybe I'll go out drinking with everyone tomorrow night at Taipei 101...maybe...

As for Taiwan, I am happy here! I have gotten used to the pollution, and am even getting used to the stinky smells in the streets sometimes...it has cooled off a lot in the past couple of days, but is still hot enough for me to enjoy :) I LOVE the scooters and am SERIOUSLY contemplating on getting a PINK scooter when I'm brave enough ;)

The people are nice and well...just like in any big city really...My mandarin is OK, but I can't wait to learn more!!! The food is so cool and interesting and different to me so I am trying to experiment all the sweets and pastries and drinks! Cherry Kit-Kat is the best so far!!!!!!!!!!!

But...I can't wait for Taichung ;)

0 comments: