CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Taipei Zoo Field Trip

So today I went to the Taipei Zoo with a bunch of students from my school. At first, I was worried because I wasn't sure how the students would act and I was told I had to play games with the students and I had to get up at 7am!!!

But...once we all got together and were on the bus I ended up having a great day!! The students behaved soooooooo well!! Most of them even tried to speak English most of the time around me :) Even though I don't teach any of them, I was still proud of them!

There was even one boy who sat with me on the bus and even when the teachers would speak Chinese to him, he'd answer in English and he is only in middle level!! But...I think he had a crush on me because he kept trying to give me food and kept offering to do all these little things like throw away my trash. He even kept telling me that I am pretty and that I'm thin and kept saying, "Eat. you need to eat!" At the end of the trip he even asked me if I had a boyfriend. He also told one of my colleagues that he wanted to switch into my class since I teach at his school. Haha! I think he was a little guardian angel to help me see that I am a good person and tell me that I'm not fat, old and ugly. Sometimes we hear it from inside, but sometimes we need an external push to realize that we aren't as ugly or old or fat as we think we are!

Now if only I could find someone MY AGE that was like that. He was such a good kid and so he was one of my many Lil Buddies. I had a little clique of students and they would speak English to me and teach me Chinese and I would tell them about the animals in English and where they are from. One girl even told me (genuinely) that she learned a lot today. That really made my day!

All in all it was a fun day! Even though I want to get my Master's and try to really get my foot in the business door one day, at least I will have these great memories!

So here are the pics I took...not many because I forgot to delete old pics :(




Closeup of my fave Guanyin statue in Taichung County


On the bus



The group photo...although Taipei was HUMID and we were all dripping with sweat!


My Lil Buddies!



More Lil Buddies!


In the Penguin exhibit


Red Ear Sliders-we had two in Ohio


I wuv da elephants! Soo cute!


One of my fave pics! I want that Koala bag!


My colleague gave each an animal :)



Getting ready to go home!


Everyone says good good eat? Yes, they do...these snacks are yummy, but the package's English struck me funny.

0 comments: