CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Chinese Washers and Exploring My Neighborhood:

I have to apologize for the lack of interesting photos and etc on this blog. At the moment, I have 4 lesson plans that I need to work on and 2 which need to be ready by tomorrow. Plus, I just bought my mobile and am trying to enter all the phone numbers into it as well as try to figure out how to use a Chinese washing machine!!

Luckily, I have figured the latter part out after many trial and errors!! I now have somewhat clean clothes, although I had to take them down from air drying as a storm is rolling in :(

I also tried to explore my neighborhood yesterday and got lost in the rain with no umbrella...I wasn't so bothered because the rain felt good since I've been sweating like a pig here and I just was laughing at how silly I must look...but I found my way and today I am slowly getting around. Unfortunately the characters aren't making any sense and they all still look the same (except for the number characters) but I am able to find my way around using landmarks.

I have a new favorite tea place where I order Green Milk Tea (no NOT the color green, the TYPE of tea)...it sounds icky, but one of the best things I've tasted!!!!!! Supposedly Taichung is the city for tea and if that's the case, then this "Tea Snob" is in heaven!! ;) I've also fallen in love with Pearl Milk Tea a.k.a Bubble Tea which is tea with black tapioca balls at the bottom. Most of you already know what that is, but I'm sure my parents don't and maybe a few others especially in Amsterdam, so that is what that is....sooooo good!!!

I have also gone crazy with buying pink things as well...Hello Kitty is everywhere here and I've always wanted to decorate my apartment in pink and I've already started...Not only that, but my cell phone is pink, my Teacher bag is pink, I have a Pink Hello Kitty stamp to stamp students papers, notebook, pink bedsheets, pink towels..and I'm just getting started!!!

It's just that I've never had my own place and never had the chance to do something like that...now I do :)

Well, i need to go and work on my lesson plan...

I'll write more soon :)

0 comments: