CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

Little Earthquakes

I think I experienced my first earthquake last night. I was in bed asleep, when all of a sudden my bed started shaking...as if I lived by tain tracks or something...I was pretty much asleep and thought this amusing until I started hearing things fall in the hallway...nothing major, just little things. I didn't realize it was an earthquake until I started hearing my little fridge move back and forth and the jingy sounds of the Belly-dancing shawl my parents bought for me in Egypt that was on top of the little fridge.

Right then and there I froze in my bed, telling myself to get my ass out of bed and seek shelter in my doorway, but I panicked...I have never been in an earthquake before, was still half-asleep and suddenly all these images of buildings collapsing entered my head...

Luckily, it was a very tiny one, and I think all it wanted was to just be heard...

As for my teaching, it went OK. The children are so sweet, funny and soooo smart! Sometimes they are mischievous, but I had so much fun with them and they weren't mean to me at all! Not yet anyway...;)

So I teach again today, but haven't had time to work on my lesson plans :( I was so tired last night I feel asleep and didnt get up till 9 :( I hope I can break out of that habit!

Also, even though they don't read this, I just want to thank all the CT's (Chinese Teachers), and everyone at the school. They have been so wonderful, so nice, so helpful and just great!!!


A few months bac before I started my research, my mom said that she really thought teaching EFL/ESL would be my nich and I truly think she is right. I still panic as to whether I'm doing a good job and if I'm going to be a good teacher, but yesterday proved that I can do it!!! I had so much fun with the kids AND I got them to learn!!

"Positive changes positively" :)

0 comments: