CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Purple Orchid


Well it has been yet another fun filled weekend with even a wee bit more romance but...

I am so busy during the week that I just don't have time to venture out. My mom and I had a discussion about this as she is worried I am not happy here and what not and also about my job. But the thing is, I am busy, but I am not stressed...I am nervous but that is purely my own doing as I get nervous speaking in front of a lot of people...But that is yet ANOTHER reason why I'm teaching is so that I can get over it and it is actually helping. I am also nervous because for once in my life I have found a career that I love and feel worthwhile at the end of the day, but am so afraid that I might screw it up like I have with many other things in the past. It is such a great feeling that when I leave the classroom the students say "Goodbye Teacher Bre!!" and one student might offer me a barbecue flavored chip as a means of friendship and when they finally do learn something from me it will be all the more worthwhile!

I am also scared, because it seems that the students aren't learning what I'm teaching and are making the same mistakes and it makes me question my own performance...but all the teachers have said I've been great and they make me feel so welcome!

As for the weekend...here are the new foods I tried:
1. Candied Tomatoes...Yes you heard me right...much like the beloved candied apples we eat at County Fairs, I was positively surprised to have had candied tomatoes...And..it was actually good!!!!!
2. Sugar Apple/Skya/釋迦; Pinyin: shìjiā
From wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar-apple

3. Chinese red/rosé wine...pretty good but very sweet
4. Mango milk which tasted like a mango flavored Orange Julius

We even went rowing on a little tiny man made lake in the middle of Gonghue(sp??) park and got to see many many turtles sunbathing and swimming in the lake...Then we went to a market where all the young kids hang out and got some food did some window shopping (although I needed to buy a watch to keep track of time during my classes).

Oh and we also went to another little park yesterday as well as two tiny temples. I even got a fortune and it said something about me becoming successful and rich-ha!! I'm not going to leave it to the fortune, I think if I become successful it has to be by my own hand...OH! And I forgot...I even have a purple orchid for my apartment now!! I have my own orchid :)

But anyway, it doesn't seem like much but actually it was a lot and I'm pooped but happy.

Tomorrow I have three classes and my first one is Junior High...I'm really nervous about it as I always feel like I'm not quite sure what I'm doing and don't want to screw up. Oh well...this is how you learn!

Now it's off to plan lessons...I'll have a link for my photos soon...

Oh yeah:

Thank you to everyone who reads my blog! It makes me feel so good to know that you are all actually interested in my life-haha! I have gotten a couple of comments and even though I haven't thanked you personally, you are definitely in my thoughts and my heart! Thank you all for being so supportive. I really do love it here and can't wait for the day when I actually have some visitors!!!!! :)


Zai Jian!
Bre


0 comments: