CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dog Day of Summer

Today, I helped some of the other volunteers take care of a shelter in Tsaotun. It was sooo HOT out and sweat was literally dripping off of me. My eyes kept stinging from it, but it was so worth it!

The doggies there were so sweet there were two that I almost took home (almost being the key word because my landlord would NOT be happy with me, PLUS I have nowhere for them) :( But they were so sweet and so lovey! One of them was so lovey, I lovingly called him "Attention Whore" but he was sooooo sweet!


So we cut the grass...literally-with shears and something else! But, man, it was a good workout! We also scooped the poop (of course...it's a dog shelter...what do you expect??), wet the floors, did a scrub on the floors, refreshed the water, etc, etc. It was good...I can't wait to go back next month! Especially see those doggies again!

I will post pics once the typhoon blows over(tomorrow-no work tomorrow again thanks to these typhoons. I took a disposable camera that I had leftover and next time will be taking my digital.

OK, want to go relax. I'm sooooo tired!!

BTW, I'm really lucky and grateful. There are people..and puppies who have it a LOT worse! I hope someday I can help those... people and puppies :) I want a doggie so bad :(

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kleene,

I know you´re not write back.With the dogs,it reminds me on your " Look at the doggie"!!! :)Now I write german: Ich möchte gern email Kontakt zu dir!Wir haben uns doch nie gestritten!?Ich hab verdammt viele Fehler gemacht,ich weiss!Aber du bist mir nich egal!Ich bin auch in einer Beziehung,seit 7 Monaten.Aber du bist so weit weg...!Nächste Woche fliege ich beruflich nach Phoenix/Arizona!Warst du da schon?Wenn du nich möchtest das ich dir mehr schreibe dann antworte hier in deinem Blog!Würde das verstehen!Wenn es so ist schreib ich auch nich mehr!Alles Gute!!!SG