CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Foreign Girl's Underwear Shopping Adventure in Taiwan

Underwear shopping in Taiwan is a foreign girl's nightmare:

So yesterday, I was at Carrefour because I needed some "padded" bras (apparently, "Lady Bumps" are taboo and ALL women are padded). So I am there and these women start rattling off to me in Chinese about bras and were showing me the expensive bras. OK, at the moment, I do not have much of a budget and I just wanted to make this as painless as possible-just get some underwear and get the HELL outta there!!!!! At Wal-Mart, you don't have the sales people following you around and giving you advice on your bra size and freaking out if you choose a bra that may be too small for you... Then to make things worse, they wanted to measure me and I asked if it could be done in the fitting room area, because the last thing I want is a bunch of Taiwanese people..or even worse...MY STUDENTS...to see my boobs being measured by some sales lady, but NO... they HAD to do it in the middle of the bra section and since it was a holiday, it was crowded!! I was mortified!!! And on top of things, Taiwanese/Asian sizes are smaller so now I'm an EXTRA LARGE (And I've even lost a bit of weight!!!!!!!!!)

FINALLY, after a half an hour of torture, I finally got what I needed and left!!

Other than that, yesterday was a good day. Boyfriend took me to Jing Min street and got to do some window shopping. We went to a store that sold Zara and H&M stuff (I miss H&M terribly!!) and all they had in H&M merchandise was jewelry. They were selling the jewelry for an equivalent of €20!!!!!!! In Holland I pay about €3-5 for jewelry at H&M!!!!!

But it was a nice area and so it turned out to be a nice holiday :)

Today should be a somewhat easy day teaching as my first class is review and a quiz and my second class is review and an oral test.

I finished my Chinese homework and will be going tomorrow morning-YAY!!! And...tomorrow is Friday-Yay!! :)

OK I'll write more later!

Bre:)

P.S. I broke my orchid's neck (well, I didn't-it fell over) and now it is dying :*( I think I need to buy another one...or two...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I think polite post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.