CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Riding Against Typhoon Winds:

This week has not been a very good week for me as far as teaching goes. I have a visit from my "Aunt Flo" and I am pretty miserable and have been an extra klutz and an even crazier "Teacher Bre"

But last night I had to go to the supermarket right after work as I needed to stock up for the typhoon. So it was about 22:30 and had to drop my books off, then ride my bike back to the store, but since I don't have saddlebags yet and only a front basket, I had to ride with 3 bags slung over my shoulder.

Luckily my 24 hour supermarket is only 5 minutes from my apartment and 2 minutes from my school so it's not so bad, but after stocking up and riding home...My god it was the WORKOUT of my life!!!!!! 3 somewhat heavy bags slung over my shoulder as I pedal against the beginnings of Typhoon winds...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironically, My stepdad and I's bike ride from Amsterdam to Lisse(the Flowerfields-3 hours there and 3 hours back) was actually worse than this!!! After that bike ride I couldn't move my legs-hahaha!!! My stepdad was probably a half a kilometre ahead of me on the way home to make it worse-hahahahahaha!!!

So my supermarket has soooo many cool things!! Refridgerated, Japanese yogurt balls, Green Tea Pumpkin seeds, Plum Green Tea, etc, etc...So I have food :)


But I have to teach 3 classes on Monday now and have papers to grade and since boyfriend is away in Taipei for the weekend and the typhoon seems to be a lot stronger than the last one, it looks like I am going to be bunkered down and working or being a lazy arse this weekend-it will be great...Thank god for HBO, Cinemax, Star Movies, CNN, 24 hour anime channel and the internet!!!!

I even slept in till 11am today as the winds screaming and whistling against my window and door have kept me up most of the night...it's not that it's scary, only that it's loud...

So I am going to veg out for a few hours and maybe work on my lesson plans...:) I think today is probably the best day for vegging as I am worn out and energyless...Aunt Flo sucks the life out of me...

Zai jian!
Bre :)

0 comments: