CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lost in the Depths of the Sentence Diagram

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I think I am growing to love something I have hated my entire life! After studying my [advanced] English grammar, I an still having trouble remembering ALL of the tenses and where all of these said tenses as well as the other parts of speech go in sentences. I speak this language almost EVERY second of EVERY day, yet I am not at the stage where I can explain this to someone who is learning this language. That worries me a little bit.

So, I have been doing research on sentence diagramming. Something that I dreaded doing in school, has now become my obsession and you know what? It is actually interesting!! I think I am beginning to like this! It's like playing a word puzzle, but for grammar nerds (no offense, apparently, I am becoming one myself).

I don't know if it will make me a better writer, but I sure hope this will help me to remember all that I need to know! Just reading the textbook alone isn't helping.

My "Christmas Melange" tea is calling me...

0 comments: