CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Self-Conscious Little Contemplations

I have been contemplating silly little questions in my head for a few months about getting a teaching job in Taiwan/Asia. Now that I am waiting to hear back from schools, I am starting to get self-conscious and worry about whether I'll be hired or not and for what reason(s). I've had a lot of bad interviews in the past and that has traumatized my self-esteem.

My logic, and outside resources tell me that they are in serious demand of English teachers in Asia/Taiwan, but can I deal with the rejection, especially if this thought is in my head?

What if I am thinking, "Oh they are definitely going to hire me! They need me! I have the skills and the drive for this position!" and then BOOM! I'm rejected on the spot!

How am I going to deal? If I'm not hired, then I have to get a job at another chain school...no biggie, life goes on...

But I want THIS school! They have almost everything I need (I say that because NO ONE and NOTHING have everything i need) and I have what they need!! I've heard many bad things about working for chain schools, but I need to start somewhere! I need to develop my skills and grow as a better teacher and person!
I want a set curriculum for my first year so that I can get the hang of things! I won't mind having co-teacher!

I'll be positive! I promise! I won't be like I was when I was an Au Pair! I am learning how to create positive environments now! I can adapt :)

You need me and I need you, so c'mon! Let's make this work baby!

0 comments: