CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Positive Motivation Wins Every Time

I feel so much better today!

I finished my first CELTA Pre-Course Task (done by my school) of 20 or so pages and on to my next one from Cambridge. It was a little difficult and I am still worried about my lack of memorization with the grammar and tenses, but it seems I am good at the phonemics..kind of. It's like cracking a code and when I was a little girl, I used to LOVE cracking codes in my Nancy Drew codebook!!

Anyway, what has made me feel better about my situation?

The thought of those Taiwanese hot springs...

Immersing myself in sulfuric water or mud and letting it dissolve my cares.
Sulfur is apparently good for acne and at 26, I still get very bad pimples (except not serious acne, but any pimple is BAD).

Last night was a "Rain Man" night for me. It seemed like anything I said upset people and I hope I didn't upset my ORM. He's most important to me right now. He's been so helpful answering all of my silly questions. I am going to try to bring a little something for him like a small souvenir from Holland. It's the LEAST I can do for him as a thank you for putting up with me and all my problems!! :)

So I feel better today although still nervous about my paperwork and my class, but I know once August 24th comes, it will have been worth it...I've worked my arse off to get to this point and have done it in about 7 months. I've sacrificed friends, social life, shopping (hey! for a girl that's a big deal!!), well...EVERYTHING social to get to this point and it is NOT going to go unrewarded and I will NOT screw this up! I've been researching day in and day out since February on English teaching and Asia and this will happen! I am willing this to happen!

“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”

- Japanese Proverb


“Focus on the task at thand and give it your best. Climb one mountain at a time, starting with the one in front of you.”

- Taro Gold

0 comments: