CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Turtle Comes Out of the Shell...

I am 99% sure I am going to accept this job that has been offered to me. Well, I am 100% mentally sure and 99% physically sure (that 1% is based on the talk my step-dad and I are going to have tonight).
I have made a lot of mistakes and my family just want to be sure that I am going to go through with this and not put myself in any dependent or even dangerous situations, which is completely understandable.
But I have never been so sure of anything before in my LIFE! I know that I am going to run into MANY problems while in Taiwan, such as the language (No roman letters there really...) as well as the fact that I am THOUSANDS of miles from anyone I know! But this something I have to do! I have to make myself a better person! I need to see the world, especially Asia! This school offers some great opportunities and I don't want to miss out on that!

As for making new friends, I am worried. I haven't been very good to the friends I have now. I tend to distance myself from my friends, especially when I'm busy. Plus, I get so self-conscious around people. I always feel like I can never say anything without feeling like a fool. I always think, "Why can't I just be normal and say normal things, instead of sounding like recluse!" I always feel like I am annoying people!

I really hope that I can make good friends there and still be in contact with the ones here! I have been here for about 8 months now and have only gone out 2-3 times(in the last 8 months) with my own friends, if that, and that was just with my one girlfriend here. I haven't done anything social on my own these past 8 months. I haven't had the money(plus I needed to strive to get on my own). So, that is why I'm worried about making friends.

No expectations, that is all I need to remember...

0 comments: